Faculty and Staff - Mona Therrien, DCN, RD, LD
School of Food and Agriculture
Food Science and Human Nutrition
5735 Hitchner Hall, Room 103
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5735
- Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition (DCN) (2013) Rutgers, School of Health Related Professions. Newark, New Jersey
- Master of Science in Business with a concentration in Healthcare Administration (2005) Husson University. Bangor, Maine
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) (1992) University of Moncton. Moncton New Brunswick, Canada
- Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Director of the Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics, and Lecturer in Human Nutrition. School of Food and Agriculture, University of Maine.
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian specializing in providing medical nutrition therapy for clients with diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and chronic kidney disease in outpatient, hospital inpatient and nursing home setting.
- Adjunct Professor at Husson University and Eastern Maine Community college teaching students in the nursing and culinary arts program
- Therrien M, Byham-Gray L, Denmark B, Beto J. Comparison of Dietary Intake among Women on Maintenance Dialysis to a Women’s Health Initiative Cohort: Results from the National Kidney Foundation Second National Research Question Collaborative Study. Journal of Renal Nutrition. Accepted for publication Sept. 2013.
- Therrien M. Utilizing the nutrition care process and nutrition-focused physical exam in the care of the medically complex patient on hemodialysis. Renal Nutrition Forum. 2013. Vol. 32 No.1.
- Therrien M. Knowledge, risk factors and behaviors associated with lower-limb complications in patients with diabetes on hemodialysis [abstract]. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2012. Suppl 3-Abstracts Vol. 112 No. 9.
- Therrien M. Malnutrition in a maintenance hemodialysis patient is improved with intradialytic parenteral nutrition (IDPN): A case study. Renal Nutrition Forum. 2011. Vol. 30 No. 1.
- Soucy M. IDPN improves nutritional status and wound healing in a hemodialysis patient with necrotizing fasciitis [abstract]. Hemodialysis International. 2009. Vol. 13 No. 1.
- Soucy M. The impact of alternative medicine therapies on the nutrition and well-being of the chronic kidney disease (CKD) stage 5 patient. Renal Nutrition Forum. 2008. Vol. 27 No. 2.
- Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo 2012 Knowledge, risk factors and behaviors associated with lower-limb complications in patients with diabetes on hemodialysis.
- 29th Annual Dialysis Conference 2009 IDPN improves nutritional status and wound healing in a hemodialysis patient with necrotizing fasciitis.
Committees and Professional Memberships
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Curriculum Committee University of Maine
- Academic Affairs Committee University of Maine